Saturday 1 March 2014

Old flames revisited

A couple of years ago I featured bikes I used to own referring to them as 'Old flames'. Found scans of OFs 1 and 2 and 5 original advertising leaflets.

This is an earlier version of the CB200 as it has a drum front brake. I think this was only fitted for the first year of production, but was almost certainly better than the cable operated disc of the later versions. This was one of those designs that worked in theory, but not in practice. It had a self adjusting mechanism that always failed and the brake never felt 'right' or stayed in adjustment for very long. When I had OF 5, I nearly bought a drum brake front end from a breakers as the disc was so much hassle!
These scans were posted on the excellent Japanese Vintage Bike Club group on Facebook.



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete