Sunday 12 July 2015

Friday bike

Back in the early 90s I rode a number of MZ 250s, they weren't a bad bike and all I could afford at the time. However, I saw a bike in a magazine that I really liked.
Aprilia Tuareg Wind 600

I just loved the look of it and hoped that one day I would own one. They were very rare, and it was a couple of years before I actually saw one in the flesh, riding past in the town of Tain (see, can even remember when I first saw one!)

As years went by, I read magazine articles on them, always looked for an affordable one for sale (no chance!), and always kept them in my mind.
Yes, the paint scheme was a bit 90s, wasn't it!

Years went on, I got a better paying job, bought my Skorpion, then one day went to a bike show where there was an Aprilia for sale! I was in a position to buy it, well until I stood next to it and realised that the saddle height was so high that I would be on tiptoe and probably fall over! Oh well, another dream shattered!
Over my 40 year motorcycling life I've never owned an Italian bike nor a trail bike, and this would have filled both those vacancies.

Engine and transmission
Displacement:562.00 ccm (34.29 cubic inches)
Engine type:Single cylinder, four-stroke
Power:45.00 HP (32.8 kW)) @ 7000 RPM
Top speed:155.0 km/h (96.3 mph)
Compression:9.4:1
Bore x stroke:94.0 x 81.0 mm (3.7 x 3.2 inches)
Valves per cylinder:4
Fuel control:OHC
Cooling system:Air
Gearbox:5-speed
Transmission type,
final drive:
Chain
Chassis, suspension, brakes and wheels
Front tyre:90/90-21
Rear tyre:130/80-17
Front brakes:Dual disc
Rear brakes:Single disc
Physical measures and capacities
Weight incl. oil, gas, etc:182.0 kg (401.2 pounds)
Fuel capacity:18.00 litres (4.76 gallons)



No comments:

Post a Comment