Sunday 10 April 2016

Garage update

Despite my last post on the subject, I haven't yet taken the white bike for its MOT (annual safety test). I'll phone the testing station tomorrow so will (hopefully) get it tested on Saturday. If it passes I can then tax it and it'll be on the road for the first time in 7 or 8 years.

One of the advantages of living in a rural area is the lack of Police, so I took the bike out for a short run round some back roads to see how it felt. Runs really well and smoothly, but my silver bike has had non standard levers for so long that the standard ones on the white bike felt a bit strange. It's also in lower gearing which will suit commuting mostly through town a bit easier.

Tank badges are some cheap Abarth ones I found on Ebay. Skorpions are very rare, so not saying what the bike is will lead to an increase in the 'what is it' questions.

Also fitted one of those stick on bits of vinyl to stop my jacket rubbing on the tank. As it's printed with a carbon fibre pattern it should make the bike lighter, shouldn't it?



No comments:

Post a Comment