Wednesday 7 August 2019

Fairport's Cropredy Convention 2019




Tomorrow I'm going to my first weekend music festival - Fairport's Cropredy Convention.

It's a mostly folk festival and I've seen 3 of the acts - Fairport Convention (the hosts), Seth Lakeman, and Wildwood Kin already this year; I've seen Richard Thompson numerous times; and I saw Martin Barre (with Jethro Tull) and Zal Cleminson (with The Sensational Alex Harvey Band) over 40 years ago.

Cropredy is about 350 miles / 560 km from me, so I'll leave early in the morning and hopefully will get there and set up before the festival starts at about 16:00.


I'll be camping, I'd camped for the first time in about 10 - 15 years earlier this year (wet weekend in Wales), so I know my 36 year old tent is still waterproof! Weather could be a bit unpleasant, Thursday and Saturday look reasonable, but Friday looks a bit miserable.

Another festival this weekend, Boardmasters in Cornwall, has already been called off due to weather, but Cropredy still seems to be going ahead.


More later!




1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the weather and have a safe journey.

    It's good to see prog rock band Caravan are still on the go.

    ReplyDelete