"Adam Opel’s company was situated in Rüsselsheim am Main in Germany and among its products were sewing machines, bicycles, cars and motorcycles.
The latter products were made in three periods: for some years in the early 1900s, then from 1913 till halfway the twenties and finally from 1928 till 1930.
At the Berlin Automobile and Motorcycle show early in 1928 Opel stunned the motorcycle folk with the display of two very extravagant looking machines. Frame, front suspension, tank, saddle and handlebars were unorthodox to say the least.
This, combined with the Cadmium plating of the metal parts and the bright red components like saddle, tyres , handlebar grips, foot rests and kick-start rubber made for an awesome sight.
The design itself was not Opel’s, the company had secured the production rights of the rolling motorcycle chassis system of the very unorthodox and multitalented Ernst Neumann-Neander.
One of the great advantages, Neumann-Neander claimed, was that his pressed steel frame construction made it possible to reduce the assembly time of a motorcycle from between 20 to 25 man hours to no more than four man hours.
Other features were great accessibility of all parts and comfortable seating for the rider.
Opel offered OHV and SV versions of the 496 cc power source.
Production lasted till 1930.
This very exclusive machine is a good runner."