Tuesday 21 June 2016

Sculpture corner

Back when I started this blog I used to regularly feature interesting pieces of sculpture. I don't know what happened, but I haven't featured one for years. I've always been interested in sculpture that was 'different' to what we are used to here in the UK, and I came across a website with photos of large monuments in the former Yugoslavia.
They were built in the 60s and 70s on the sites of WWII battles or concentration camps.

As you can see from photos on the website, many of these monuments have been abandoned and vandalised, but being built of concrete they should survive.

More photos here.



2 comments:

  1. Great link. Thank you. Those sculptures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for the photos and amazing link!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete