Tuesday 9 October 2012

Café Society

Came across an interesting video about café racers on YouTube (split into four parts):


This is part 1, watch on YouTube and follow the links to the next three parts, for some reason it won't let me post them directly here.
Very interesting video as it draws the links between the British café scene of the 50s and 60s, and the emerging café scene in the US. Although the comments on the videos give a website which sells it on DVD, the website seems to have gone, so I'm not sure if it's still available. Pity, as I was going to suggest dropping hints to your loved ones about what you want for Christmas!
The guy behind the film, Mike Seate, is a writer for Cafe Racer magazine, so if the DVD is ever available again, it will no doubt be advertised there.

1 comment:

  1. I've bought a few 'Cafe Racer' mags (the USA one...I think there is a French mag with the same name). It's interesting to see what's going on on the other side of the states. They seem to have really embraced the Cafe scene, Mods and Rockers (minus the fights...). Some of it's a little overdone to my old middle-aged tastes, particularly all the heat-wrapped exhaust systems. Kind of mixing cafe with salt flats bikes, I guess. Nonetheless, interesting...and it looks like they are having fun.

    ReplyDelete