Thursday 8 June 2023

Retirement trip - Day 15

 A second day in Zaragoza, and I had a change of plan. My intent was to explore the city in the morning then go on the bike to see something nearby in the afternoon.

I was woken early by people moving about the hotel, talking loudly, slamming doors, etc. This hotel certainly doesn't have much in the way of soundproofing! So I got up and was wandering around the city by about 8:00. It's a very interesting city with lots of good buildings, and many busy shopping streets. I wandered around at random looking for interesting things to see.

I was heading back to the hotel to get the bike at about 12:00, when it started raining quite hard. I got back to the hotel and had a sleep for a few hours. When I got up it was too late to go out for a ride, so I did some more wandering about on foot. This was the first time since Potes that I've had a 'non riding' day, and I felt I needed a rest.

Took plenty of photos.



















Apparently, Zaragoza had a Pisa style 'leaning tower'. It was demolished and this statue is of a boy looking up at where it had been.

I'm moving on tomorrow and will visit the place I had intended visiting today. It'll mean doubling back on myself, but I've not got a particularly long route planned.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting architecture.
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks v interesting. I hope the weather improves though 👍

    ReplyDelete