Thursday 15 June 2023

Retirement trip - Day 22

 I left Cartagena and made my way to my first destination of the day, the mountain village of Guadelest.  It's not far from the popular holiday resort of Benidorm, which quite frankly looks awful with tasteless high rise buildings, it really jars with its surroundings. Guadelest is a very popular tourist village due to having a noteworthy castle,


I was there to see Museo Colección de Vehículos Históricos, Valle de Guadalest, a museum with mostly motorbikes in it located about 7km out of the village (I had to ask at the Tourist Office for directions).  Museum website

It only cost 4 Euros for entry (although I could have got in for 3 as a 'Senior!), and is worth every cent! it consists of one room packed with lots of bikes, many of them Spanish manufacturers I hadn't previously heard of. It's a bit dark inside, but I made a quick video as I was the only person there when I arrived (a few others came in while I was filming. I forgot to bring my plug in microphone, so had to rely on the tiny built in microphone on the camera, hence the poor sound.

I also went a bit mad when taking photos! They were a bit dark but I've tried enhancing them.






























































After visiting the museum I headed to my final destination for the day, 
Castellón de la Playa. Can't really tell you anything about it as other than popping out for food I've spent all evening preparing the video and photos for this post! However, the weather is getting hotted, saw 34C at one point, and the trees are starting to look a bit more tropical!

Approximate map.




1 comment: