Monday 12 June 2023

Retirement trip - Days 18 and 19

 Day 18

A non riding day spent in Alcalá de Henaras with Maureen and Sara having good conversations and great food.

Day 19

Left Alcalá de Henaras early (8:00) as I had a fairly long day ahead. First part of the trip was through small towns and some hills, middle part (the majority of the ride, was through very flat farming land on a fast dual carriageway), and the last part was through some mountains with thrilling roads and spectacular views.


Saw this interesting sculpture in one of the towns I rode through. 'Homenaje al motoro ausente' = 'Homage to the missing motorcyclist'


Crochet panels hung over a street. To provide shade, perhaps?







Stopped at this reservoir, very scenic




At about 17:00 I arrived at my destination for the next two nights, Málaga. Was a great feeling seeing the Mediterranean as I arrived. Doesn't seem that long since I was at the Atlantic in A Coruña. 

Big day tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice pics, Norman. How is the bike behaving? Sean OB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos Norman thanks for sharing your epic journey

    ReplyDelete