Friday 23 June 2023

Retirement trip - Day 30

 Left a rather misty Bordeaux and headed northwards up the coast. The misty soon went and it became a hot sunny day with temperatures reach 32C. Today's route was mostly through flat farmland, so not really all that much to see.

I've mentioned before 'hotel room laundry', where you wash and dry your clothes in your hotel room. I've found that it usually takes two nights of being hung up before clothes are dry, so are put in a plastic bag in the luggage when I'm riding if still damp. Today I put some in a mesh bag and strapped it to the back of the saddle. My theory was that the warm air swirling around it would help dry the clothes, or at least unless it rained the clothes wouldn't get any wetter.


Each time I stopped, I turned the bag over so both sides would dry. It worked a bit, some of the clothes were almost dry, whereas others have had to be hung up in the hotel room again. 

On my trip I stopped at the attractive town of Rochefort (didn't he sing 'Cuddly Toy'?)*




It remained a very hot sunny day as I arrived in my destination for tonight, the very nice seaside town of Les Sables-d'Olonne.







Approximate map.



* No that was Roachford!



1 comment:

  1. I spent a few days on the Île de Oléron in 198, it was idyllic just outside La Rochelle there is a bridge out to the island. I camped further up the coast where you are spending the night. I have a photo of it somewhere the sand was very fine and golden.

    ReplyDelete