Wednesday 14 June 2023

Retirement trip - Day 21

 Set out from Málaga and headed for the Tabernas Desert. I knew I had quite a lot of riding to do, so took a fast dual carriageway for a change, Usually these are a bit boring, but the surrounding hills kept the interest level up.

Eventually I arrived at the desert and videoed part of the journey across it.


It's the only desert in Europe, so isn't up to Sahara standard, but is famous for how many films have been made there. The Italian made 'spaghetti Westerns',  
The Good,  the Bad and the Ugly and A Fistful of Dollars, plus Game of Thrones and many others.


Sometimes bands name themselves after a town - Boston, Chicago, Portishead etc. Perhaps Los Lobos took their name from here!

From there I headed towards my destination for tonight, Cartagena and took a quick trip round the town centre before heading to my accommodation for tonight.



Approximate map of journey



No comments:

Post a Comment