Two variations on one bike this week.
Francis Barnett Kestral
Francis Barnett Merlin
Yes, another old British company name has reappeared as badges on Chinese bikes, (also see AJS). The new Francis Barnetts are based on the Herald Motor Company (HMC) Classic 125, which features a Chinese built Suzuki GN 125 'clone' engine.
No prices on the FB website, but the HMC is listed as £1650 (plus on the road charges), about 2300 Euros or US$2500, and I would imagine that the FBs would be similar.
- Start Type: Electric start.
- Engine: Air-cooled, 124cc, sohc, 5 gears, chain drive.
- Power: 10.7bhp
- Torque: 6.3ftlb
- Frame: Tubular steel cradle, tubular steel swing arm
- Suspension: Telescopic front forks, twin shocks with preload adjust, rear
- Dry weight: 107kg
- Front brake: Single wavy disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear brake: Drum
- Fuel capacity: 12 litres
- Seat height: 780mm
Francis Barnett website.
Test in MCN of earlier version of HMC Classic link.