Saturday 11 July 2015

Erskine Classic Car Show 2

Went along to the show on my Skorpion this afternoon. As I arrived I could see signs for 'Show Parking' and a field full of cars, but as I approached one of the stewards directed me to the 'Officials' Entrance' as there would be harder ground to park on. I parked right at the entrance of the Country Club next to some other bikes.
The Country Club seems to be mostly equestrian, and some of the cars were displayed in show jumping arenas, with many more in a large car park outside.
Ford Capris - beloved by 'Medallion Men' in the 70s!

Lots of very interesting and beautifully maintained cars, and there was also a display from a local owl sanctuary and a talent contest for teenage girls! Weather stayed really good and the show was very busy with visitors.
There were only a few bikes parked outside, plus some from a club inside, including this Indian Scout. I've featured this before as a 'Friday bike', but this is the first time I'd seen one. Was very inpressed by the very high build quality – not really my 'thing', but just so well done.

Show was held to raise funds for Erskine Hospital, which cares for ex-Service men and women


Coolest. Car. Ever. - Citroen DS19

Hillman Minx, Vauxhall Velox, Austin A35 - takes me back to when I was a kid.
Can't be many Australian built Holdens in Britain!



More photos at my Flickr page.



No comments:

Post a Comment