Sunday 16 August 2015

A run in the sun

Here in Scotland we've had one of the worst summers I can remember. It seems like it has rained every weekend, and as a result I've hardly been out on my bike. My friend Kirstin asked if we could go for a run as she has a potential buyer coming to see her bike on Monday and wanted one last run on it. (It's a Chinese Yamaha YBR125 'clone'). The weather turned out to be nice for a change, so it was out for a run round the backroads of Renfrewshire and East Ayrshire, stopping for coffee at a very nice café. All in we did about 40 miles (60 km) on very quiet roads and I saw 22 degrees on my thermometer! Woo – that'll be our summer then!

This is the only useable photo from the trip. My camera started making strange noises and wouldn't zoom, and when I got home I found all the photos except this one were well out of focus and the lens mechanism wouldn't work - looks like it's dead! This was actually my first digital camera and I had gone back to it when my newer one failed. It's really big and clunky compared to much cheaper, newer cameras, so time for a replacement.


2 comments:

  1. Hooray you managed to get out for a dry ride.

    Funny the difference a few thousand miles can make. They said on our news that here in Oregon we haven't had any kind of measurable rain since May. Too damn dry.

    ReplyDelete