Monday 26 August 2019

Fairport's Cropredy Convention - Day 1

Sorry for not posting earlier but I've been very busy since I got back and have only just been able to go through the hundreds of photos and numerous videos I took.


Set at about 07:30 for the fairly boring drive to Cropredy. Not much to report about the journey other than it was fine weather and the traffic after Lancaster, and particularly through Birmingham, was heavy and slow. Eventually got to Cropredy about 14:30, and drove through the village, which was full of festival goers, until I managed to find one of the camping fields which wasn't yet full.

Eventually I was led to my camping spot by a group of hardworking Boy and Girl Scouts who were managing the traffic. Unusually for a festival, you can park next to your tent so you don't have to lug your stuff across a field. Tent was quickly put up and I headed down to the performance area to get my wristband for the weekend.



The performance area is a gently sloping field with he stage at the bottom. This means that people who want to sit do so behind a line which allows them to see over the heads of the people standing in front of the stage.




Festival started at 16:00 with a short introductory performance by Fairport Convention.



After that there was a sequence of performers, very quick half hour equipment change, and the festival ended that night at 23:00.

 Lil'Jim
 Tors


 Gogol Bordello



The Waterboys

All really good acts with Gogol Bordello putting on an amazing, energetic performance. I hadn't heard of them before, so that was a treat.

More later........

No comments:

Post a Comment