Sunday 23 May 2021

Distinguished Gentleman's Ride - Glasgow - 2021

 Rode into Glasgow today for the Distinguished Gentleman's Ride. It was a bit wet so I had to wear waterproofs on the way there, but it dried enough that I could take my overtrousers off. Once again, due to the Covid-19 restrictions this was a 'solo ride', with each participant riding by themselves and not in an organised group. I decided to ride around some landmark buildings in Glasgow and take some photos.

First stop was Glasgow Cathedral.



Next was George Square.



Coming away from George Square a Police van stopped next to me at a set of traffic lights and an officer looked at me in my dapper riding costume, smiled and gave me a 'thumbs up'! Next stop was  Riverside Museum


I had intended visiting Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum but crossed the river before I remembered! I rode on to one of my favourite Art Deco buildings, Luma Tower


I called in at Triumph Glasgow, finishing point of previous Rides, but it was closed and there was no-one there. (I had though some other riders might have been there). The rain started getting a bit heavy, so I headed home.

I was a bit disappointed that I didn't see anyone else taking part in the event, but that was inevitable due to us all riding separately. Hopefully next year's event will be a group ride once again.

The purpose of the Ride is to raise funds for cancer and mental health charities, and you can still donate on my page.




1 comment:

  1. Good that you went nonetheless. Very good cause. Next year is bound to be better!

    ReplyDelete