Sunday 28 August 2016

Skorpion for sale

Since I've bought the Bonneville, I've really got too many bikes now (yes, that is possible!), so my white Traveller is for sale.





It's a 1998 MZ Skorpion Traveller, however I believe it was originally a Tour that has had the fairing and panniers added by a previous owner. I bought it about 8 years ago, but a change of circumstances meant that I didn't use it until April this year. During that period I started the engine regularly to circulate the oil, repainted the bodywork, and upgraded various bits on it. It passed its MOT (annual safety check) in April, and I have been commuting 30 miles (50 km) a day on it since. The speedo shows just under 33,000 miles (53,000 km), I've no reason suspect this isn't genuine.



It's got the original Hepco & Becker 30 litre panniers, which I've never used, they are a bit tatty and have been repainted and one has been repaired on the back, but this doesn't affect their use. It also has a home made luggage rack.




It has a good set of Avon RoadRider tyres and the front brake has been upgraded with a Brembo unit.




Other upgrades include:

       Yamaha TRX 850 headlight (better pattern and takes standard H4 bulbs).
       4 additional LED running lights (operated through switch on fairing)
       Rear LED foglight
       4 way hazard flashers
       Output socket for charging battery or attaching camping lights.
       Mirror extenders (homemade) so you can see behind you and not just your shoulders.
       Heated grips
       Clock that works! (Rare on a Skorpion)
       Digital voltmeter
       Scottoiler with double output and 'touring' tank that fits behind numberplate.
       LED rearlight
       Louder horns
      
Bad bits:

        Respray was done with aerosol cans so finish and durability won't be as good as a 'proper' respray.
        Wheels and rack are brush painted, so finish isn't great - won't corrode though!
        Wobbly tacho - they all do that!

Open to sensible offers before it goes on Ebay. If interested, e-mail me at:

normanwade@supanet.com

If you're interested, bear in mind that I live about 15 miles (25 km) west of Glasgow. I'm about 5 miles (8km) from Glasgow Airport, so you could fly here and ride it home!

Any questions, just e-mail me.


**********UPDATE****************

Bike now sold.

**********************************






No comments:

Post a Comment