Sunday 27 May 2012

France - Day 5


Had a slightly uncomfortable night due to getting sunburn at the Coupes. As it was so hot I'd unzipped my zip-off trousers, so had suffered sunburn on the back of my legs, despite wearing a hat I got burned on the back of the neck, and my nose was so red that it glowed in the dark! Remember, I'm from Scotland, so my skin goes from 'bottle of milk' to 'sun dried tomato' in one short step.
Bearing this in mind, my trousers stayed intact and I wore a neck tube, so things were a bit more comfortable.
Back at the Coupes, it was 'more of the same' – wandering about looking at things and taking photos. If anything, there were more bikes on show, especially on the club stands, so there was plenty to see and photograph.









By 12:00 we were kind of 'maxed out' by the show, so we wandered out for a look at some of the bikes in the parking area, and found a Voxan and a Citroën engined BFG, a previous Friday Bike.

After that we rode back to Dijon and went for another wander around the city centre before heading back to the hotel.

Tomorrow we'll be leaving Dijon, with mr combo and Gareth starting their journey home, and me continuing my holiday in France. Today's pictures are posted on Flickr and mr combo has posted on his blog.



5 comments:

  1. Slap on that factor 30! Going solo in France? Where are you heading for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the morning I'm going to a transport museum just down the road, near Beaune, then heading towards Grenoble. From there I might do some high passes, possibly popping into Italy, then making my way back via the 'Route des Grande Alps'. All time and weather dependant, of course. Watch this space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Skorpion is a doddle to tour on. Two up camping from Santander to Calais.

    Is the museum the one with bikes, cars; especially Arbarths, agricultural kit, old jet engines and lots of old jet planes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the one. Will be posting about it later once I've downloaded my pictures.
    Despite what so called 'experts' like to tell you, the Skorpion has made a superb tourer - powerful enough, comfortable, good handling, and fairly economical - what more do you want?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't hold your breath waiting for my post. The wi-fi in this hotel is so slow that it can't cope with a new post let alone uploading to Flickr. I made it to Grenoble and will be staying here for 2 nights, then heading home.

    ReplyDelete